Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh Pixie Dust

I hate to disappoint those of you who still believe, but I'm actually the tooth fairy, and I suck at it. While anticipating becoming a parent, the thought of eventually becoming the tooth fairy never really crossed my mind. Yeah playing Santa Claus and the Easter bunny ran through my head all the time. I'd actually get excited at the idea of playing such a big role in a childs life. But being the tooth fairy kinda threw me for a loop. First off you never know when your child is gonna loose a tooth. Thankfully when my daughter lost her first tooth I had a couple bucks in my purse, but by the time she fell asleep I forgot all about my role as the tooth fairy. Well I soon remembered when I woke her up the next morning and the first thing she did was reach under her pillow. My heart sank as I realized I forgot to switch tooth for money. I had to think fast "Well hunny maybe the tooth fairy didn't get the message yet."..... shoot!
Okay so the next time you'd think I'd be a little more prepared knowing that she had another tooth hanging by a thread. But of course I wasn't. She lost her second tooth and this time I had no cash on me, and a kid who was already asleep in her bed dreaming of the money she'd find under her pillow. So thank goodness for good friends who'll drop by for a visit and bring me a couple bucks. Thanks Angie, but don't be mad, because I forgot yet again to switch tooth for money. This time I woke my daughter up not even thinking about it, went into the kitchen and was pouring her a bowl of cereal when I heard her cry out "What's wrong with the tooth fairy?" I cringed "Oh she must be getting her messages a day late or something." I told her.
No actually she's just a ditz. So let this be a lesson to those of you who have children and haven't hit the loosing teeth stage. Always have a jar of mula to dip into when your child comes to you with a bloody tooth in their little hands. And most importantly post it notes to put on your tooth brush for you to find before you go to bed at night.

1 comment:

  1. That is totally me! My response is 'man a lot of kids must have lost teeth and the tooth fairy couldn't get to you she was so busy!' And for not having the cash on hand - this is sad but I've had to do it often, I borrow a quarter from their piggy bank. But I replace it with another one later. What can I say I use my debit card more than I actually have cash on hand. And I doubt Angie would drive all the way here to loan me some money! :D

    ReplyDelete